faith in everyday things
Last weekend I introduced three prayers to my Sunday School class: Act of Faith, Act of Hope and Act of Love. We read and discussed each prayer. I asked them to vote on which they liked best – Act of Love won hands-down. I understand why, it is the easiest to understand when you are 9 years old. One little girl said she liked the Act of Faith the best. When I asked her why she said because faith is the hardest to have of the three so it’s good to have a prayer about it.
Out of the mouths of babes.
- - the growing smile of the moon each night this week
- - a run beneath a row of trees knowing that in just a few months those trees will be full of blossoms
- - the sound of children’s big, belly laughs
- - the memory of mountains and canyons and hot springs and waterfalls
- - my three walking, talking, living gifts from God