Two dozen questions
So I’m sitting here wearing a new long sleeve t-shirt that says Run Happy with a cupcake on it – because that’s what I’m all about, running to eat cupcakes and be happy. And I’m trying to think of something fun to write about but all I can really think about is how cold my feet are, even in my new wool socks. And how I’d really like something warm to drink but apparently I’m too lazy to get up and make something warm to drink. See, if I get up than I’m admitting that I’m not working… if I stay at my desk, even if it’s just to write this rambling blog post, I haven’t completely given up on productivity.
And I think to myself, I’d like to post some sort of list-y post. Something fun and lighthearted… like my new shirt. And then I remember DesignHer Momma‘s post with 48 questions that, in true blogging fashion, she took from someone else who took it from someone else…
I’m doing 24 of the random questions because I’m feeling halfway committed to the idea. Maybe I’ll post the other two dozen later this week. We’ll just have to wait and see.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Well, my name is the title of a Beach Boys’ song but I don’t think that was intentional.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Well… I happy cried during the movie This Is 40 because I was laughing so hard. Does that count?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I don’t have handwriting. I have some sort of sloppy printing half-cursive thing going on. It does the job.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I don’t really like lunch meat all that much but I don’t mind thinly shaved honey ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Probably not. I’d think that I was a little stand-offish. Though if I saw myself at two or three of my stand-by friend places (the Y, school and/or church) I’d probably try to introduce myself.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
What is this sarcasm of which you speak?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yep. Two out of five people in my home do.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Nope. I don’t even like the really big drops on roller coasters, I always close my eyes.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Cold: Corn Chex because it doesn’t get soggy quickly. Hot: oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and cranberries.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Nope. Though my running shoes are really the only ones that tie.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Strong physically? Not exceptionally, I’m not sure I can bench press 50 pounds. Mentally? I’m Fort Knox.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Cashew caramel or mint chocolate chip depending on my mood. Or maybe the pumpkin pie blizzard… or the candy cane chill blizzard…
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
The expression on their face.
15. RED OR PINK?
Red. Pink is for sissies.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I’m far too guarded, it makes me come across as a bitch.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
I can’t think of anyone. I keep in contact with the people who mean the most to me.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Pasta making. I have a pasta maker that I’d love to use more often but I feel a little intimidated. Then I use it and remember it’s not that hard. I just need more confidence and recipes.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I’m in the house. I never wear shoes in the house. However my socks are blue, grey & purple zig-zags.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Dinner: Mediterranean Meatball Soup.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My daughter’s clock radio – it’s on the second song and she’s still not out of bed.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Vibrant orange. I’m too busy to be a calm color.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Moderately. I pay attention and I vote but I have never felt passionately enough to sign a petition.