Things I should do this weekend:
– run to Target to buy socks for two of the kids, the holey socks are taking over their drawers
– pick weeds and trim bushes
– clean out the garbage & recycling bins
– get caught up on the mountains of laundry
– mop the kitchen floor
– wax the kitchen table
– pick up the playroom
– catch up on a work project
Things that I’ll probably be doing instead:
– going to a cross country meet
– going to a football game to help coach our jr cheer squad
– drinking wine on the deck
– watching football
– reading the new book I just picked up at the library – I’m the first person to read this copy (I put it on hold when it was still on order) so it really is a brand new book! could I sound any more like a geek?!?
– baking cookies
– taking the kids to the library and if the weather is beautiful, perhaps the apple orchard too
– and if we pick apples, there will be more baking involved
Since we returned a month ago from our road trip I just can’t get my head above water around here. Every time I think I’m close, I end up spending three hours at a cross country meet or an hour helping at the school library. Or – fine I’ll admit it – spending two hours doing triathlon training workouts. Something’s gotta give or we’re all going to run out of underwear.
And here’s the thing, I realize I’m sounding a bit like a broken record on this problem. I think you – my lovely, regular blog readers – have had to read about me feeling overwhelmed at least once a week for the past three weeks. You’re probably wondering when it’s going to end… and trust me I am too.
But can it wait until Monday? Because that new library book and wine on the deck… they sound awfully appealing.