Sure enough, as soon as the calendar flipped to December, my head filled with lists. Lists of presents that need to be purchased or sorted or wrapped. Lists of activities that need to be placed on the calendar. Lists of food that needs to be baked and prepared as presents for friends & family. Lists of house cleaning… work projects… decorating the house… finding the snow scraper for the car… lists. Lists. LISTS. I literally woke up three times last night and each time found my brain going through a list. Maybe if I write everything down my subconscious won’t be so stressed out. In the meantime, here’s a list of some of my favorite Christmas things. You know, as an attempt to remind myself that I love this time of year and there are many reasons why I need to chill the heck out.
1. The sound of J giggling on the couch while watching A Christmas Story
2. My santa collection
3. My new design idea for this year:
4. It’s A Wonderful Life
5. The sight of the first real snowflakes
6. The special twinkle that only comes from Christmas lights
7. The anticipation of a believer in Santa Claus
8. Christmas stories
9. Christmas Eve Mass
10. Sitting on the couch with a warm cup of tea, surrounded by my favorite Christmas decorations and a twinkling tree lovingly (if clumpingly) decorated by my children.