Grace: elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action. The freely given, unmerited favor and love of God. The influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them.
Last year I took time each week to seek out moments of grace. It was a wonderful habit to establish and something I still like to do from time to time. Those moments are always there. If I’m lucky I notice them right when they happen. But even when called to memory later, they still bring a hush to my busy spirit and remind me that there is an awful lot of good surrounding me.
This week I found grace in:
– impossibly big, fluffy snowflakes falling from the sky
– tables laden with good food and surrounded by the best of friends
– family game night
– a handwritten note from a friend
– building Fred the Snowman with my 6yo
– singing loudly in the car with my 12yo
– an uninhibited smile and show of enthusiasm from a 9yo that’s lost a bit of her spirit lately, thank you dance class