Summer desserts are all about NOT turning on the oven. While I’m always up for a yummy bowl of ice cream or a good popsicle walk (try it! You & the kids grab popsicles and walk around the neighborhood, it’s fun and friendly). Sometimes I want something a tiny bit fancier. Sometimes I want ice cream cake. This recipe for ice cream cake could not possibly be easier – four ingredients, a pan and a spoon.
Toffee Crunch Ice Cream Cake
2 boxes (12 count) ice cream sandwiches
1 jar hot fudge
1 container cool whip, thawed
1 bag of toffee chips
1. Lay out 12 ice cream sandwiches in a 9×13 pan. (for the final row I cut the sandwiches in half to fit)
2. Spread half a jar of hot fudge on top.
3. Spread half a container of cool whip on top.
4. Sprinkle with half a bag of toffee chips.
5. Repeat the previous four steps so you have two full layers.
6. Put in the freezer for 1-2 hours (or more) to set. Put it in the fridge about an hour before serving so it’s soft enough to scoop.
This recipe is totally open to variations… chocolate chips & caramel? crumbled cookies instead of toffee? It’s summer, make one every week and see what kinds of combinations you come up with!