On this nicely placed long holiday weekend I gave myself permission to do a few things out of character:
– I ignored the laundry and read a book
– I made leftovers for dinner because it was quick and easy
– I enjoyed the sounds heard when the tv is not on for an entire day
– I let the oldest skip church in favor of a last weekend of summer fling with her friend at her friend’s family lake house
– I bought a bunch of music on iTunes even though I didn’t have a gift card
– I slept until 8am today and listened to the rain from lake effect rain showers instead of going on an early run or working
I gave myself permission to shirk a few things and embrace a few others. I didn’t go anywhere but it has been just the vacation I needed.