Sometimes I turn off my alarm and let myself doze off again. That happened this morning. It’s a luxury I can’t afford during the school year but today I decided I could run a little later and my work calendar is fairly light so I don’t have to put in much time before the kids are awake. As I was lazily lying in bed I felt a little guilty for starting my day out lounging. Then I realized that as a mom, I could feel guilty of things all day long:
Confessions From A Mother
– Sometimes my children eat cereal for two out of three meals.
– This summer I’m letting my 13yo play on her kindle and phone in bed before she falls asleep.
– This summer I’m also very lax in enforcing bedtimes and screen time limits.
– If food falls on the floor I almost always let my children eat it anyway.
– I don’t ask my children to make their bed every day – or ever.
– My children have “explicit” songs on their ipods.
– None of my children could tie their shoes before kindergarten.
– Only one out of three kids could ride their bikes by 1st grade. (and one of them still can’t)
I’m sure I could keep the list going. I also realize that in the big picture, my confessions aren’t so big.