I’ve written about breakfast for dinner before:
In the summertime breakfast for dinner takes on a new appeal. It’s usually quick to make and it doesn’t heat up the kitchen. We’ve been doing breakfast for dinner almost once a week lately. So here’s a new idea to add to the list:
Ham & Asparagus Frittata
adapted from a Cooking Light Recipe
– 1/2 lb chopped deli ham
– 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
– salt & pepper to taste
– 3 large egg whites
– 2 large eggs
– 1 small onion, diced
– 1 bell pepper, diced
– 1/2 lb asparagus, thinly sliced
– 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In a large bowl combine ham, cheese, salt & pepper and eggs & egg whites. Whisk together.
3. In a large skillet, heat some cooking spray over medium high heat. Saute onion, pepper and asparagus for 3-5 minutes until tender. Add the egg mixture and reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for 3 minutes until the eggs are just set. Uncover and sprinkle the top with Italian seasoning and wrap the handle of the pan in foil. Broil for 3 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.
4. Cut into wedges to serve and add a side salad if you like.