I follow the ladies from Another Mother Runner on Twitter & Facebook and read their blog. It’s a great online community of – well, of mothers who run obviously. 🙂 This week they asked people to answer Ten Questions about Running. They each posted their own answers and in the spirit of community here are mine:
Ten Questions About My Running from Another Mother Runner
1. Best run ever: The Inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon! First because it was my second half marathon and yet I ran it with far less effort than the first one (and could walk far better afterwards). Second because it was a Disney Run event of course 🙂 My worst time (as in result) for a half marathon while having my best time running one!
2. Three words that describe my running: Determined. Determined. Determined.
3. My go-to running outfit is: In Indiana that totally depends on the season! Right now it’s short tights and a comfy tank. In two months it will be capris and long sleeves. And two months after that it will be long pants, layers and fleece.
4. Quirky habit while running: I am a route planner. 99% of the time I know every single twist & turn that I’ll be taking on my run.
5. Morning, midday, evening: Morning with the very rare midday run tossed in when I’m busy. It’s going to be interesting to see how I feel running the Disney Wine & Dine since it starts at 10pm!
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Icy. I live in Indiana so I see all the weather there is and I’m out there when it’s below freezing, snowing, raining, hot… but never when it’s icy.
7. Worst injury and how I got over it: I tore a band that holds some tendons together in my foot while I was training for a marathon. It sidelined my training (hello pool running) for about a month but since there was no tendon damage I got the go ahead to run after that. Or maybe it was when I fell and royally sprained my ankle and yet still ran a 15K three days later… that one messed me up for months afterwards.
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: Training for the marathon. The race itself didn’t go my way (that’s a long story) but the fact that I could take my non-runner’s body and get it through 40 mile weeks made me feel pretty damn tough.
9. Next race is: Hot Chocolate 15K in Chicago and Disney’s Wine & Dine Half Marathon just six days later!
10. Potential running goal for 2013: An Olympic triathlon. I missed doing triathlons this year – the year of a half marathon each season – and I’d like to spend some time really training for a tri.