The nights are cool (downright chilly even). The morning air is crisp. We all broke out sweatshirts for my son’s baseball game last night. And the kids requested soup for dinner this week.
Yep, fall is in the air. Once the nice cool weather hits we have soup for dinner just about once a week. And since I’m determined to not make the same dinner more than once a month, that’s a lot of soup recipes. Today I’m highlighting some of the many soup recipes I have posted over the years. Starting with what’s in the crock pot for dinner tonight:
- Chicken Corn Chowder
- Chicken Jalapeno Soup This one always makes me happy because I got the recipe from a winery on one of our trips up to Traverse City. A place I’m sorely missing this fall. We traded our annual trip to Northern Michigan for a trip to Orlando so I can run the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. It’s a good trade but my soul is missing my dose of Pure Michigan.
- Spinach, Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- Potato Cheese Soup Such a family favorite that it’s even been requested as a birthday dinner.
- Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Meatball Soup This one has been in my recipe box for years.
- White Chicken Chili
- Lentil, Butternut Squash Stew
- Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup This one is fantastic with a nice crisp chardonnay.
Now break out your crock pot – it’s soup season!