I’ve got a run date set for this afternoon. And another potential run date set up for Friday morning. Last week I had a run date with two friends the day before I left for my Disney Half Marathon weekend. I love run dates. They are the perfect way for me to catch up with my friends while also getting in my workout. I’m a big believer in hitting two birds with one stone, you know.
Lately I’ve been joining my husband as he takes long walks at night. It’s not a “run” date but it follows the same philosophy. We get some time to ourselves, we can catch up on our day and – as the ultimate added bonus – we get some exercise.
- I think run dates are the reason I keep my sanity some days… weeks… months.
- Run dates are a great way to vent – you can even yell on a run date because you’re outside. And I’ve been known to gesticulate wildly with my hands (I have a tendency to talk with my hands) and I figure it’s just added exercise.
- Run dates are the perfect multi-tasking activity. I’ve planned events, rehearsed a conversation I need to have and more all while running.
- You can go out for pancakes after a run date and not feel guilty about it.
- You an also drink a beer after a run date and pat yourself on the back for replacing needed carbohydrates.
Run dates are good for body and mind. I’m convinced I’ll live longer because of these run/walk dates.