I have another crock pot option for you today. I love it because it’s one of those recipes that is so easy to toss together in the morning and then forget about until your house starts smelling delicious at dinnertime. Enjoy!
Beef in Red Wine Sauce
Based on a recipe seen in Simple Slow Cooker Recipes
- 2 pounds of beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 TB corn starch
- salt & pepper
- 1-2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup of water
- 1 package of noodles, I used wide egg noodles
1. Put meat & onion in the slow cooker. Add bouillon and sprinkle corn starch, salt & pepper on top. Stir together to mix the corn starch around a bit. Pour wine & water on top. Cover & cook on low 10-12 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
2. Just before dinner, boil water and cook noodles according to package directions. Serve beef over noodles.
A note on the wine: I usually make this when I have some leftover wine that needs to be used. If you will be opening a new bottle, choose one that you would enjoy drinking. Since the meat will stew in the wine all day you don’t want to pick something that you don’t enjoy.