Lent started this week. This year I’m determined that Lent not be seen as a drudgery in this house. I’d much rather steer the kids towards the idea of Lent as a renewal and preparation for something wonderful. In that spirit I’ve decided to return to my Grace in Small Things reflections each week. If you have any to add, I’d love to hear them.
Grace in Small Things Week 1
- the sounds of a freshly tuned piano and music played by my own fingers again
- the reminder in yoga to be mindful and not willful
- a nice, chatty run with a friend whom I haven’t seen in a month
- the laughter of friends
- watching my daughter toss her newly shorn hair and smile when she thinks no one is watching
- a good book and a quiet Friday night in which to dig into it