We love grilling year round in this house but especially in the summer when it helps keep the kitchen cool. Here’s a yummy and fast recipe for steak tacos that we’ll be using this weekend.
– 2 lb flank or skirt steak
– 1 lime
– 2 TB chili powder
– 2 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp oregano
– 1 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp sugar
– 1 cup picante or salsa
– favorite taco toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole etc.
1. Mix chili powder through sugar in a small bowl.
2. Squeeze lime juice onto the steak and rub in. Then rub with the spice mixture. Place in a plastic bag with the salsa to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Grill steak to desired doneness – 4-6 minutes per side for medium. Let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain. Serve with taco toppings.