I feel the looming holiday madness coming like a bank of storm clouds on the horizon. I’m already looking for ways to slow things down, to prune out the unnecessary and to focus on my family. I think I can feel that intent in this week’s list of thanks:
Nearly every night this week I took time to just sit on the couch with whatever kids were in the room. We read books, we watched that crazy David Blaine special, we played games. I am thankful for that oasis of time.
Each year I lead my Religious Education class in two service projects. In the fall we pack shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. I love watching the kids in my class truly connect with kids around the world. The energy level in the room was amazing. It brings me goosebumps just thinking about it.
I am thankful for
- …friends who make me laugh
- …Snickers shared from a dwindling Halloween stash
- …a night with no plans
- …the mental & physical benefits of yoga
- …a week of solid workouts even when I’m not in training
- …an extra rest day just because I feel like it (I’m not in training after all)