I’ve had a handful of people comment on the fact that I don’t post regularly anymore. My posts tend to revolve around my kids, my running/training, and my cooking.
1. My kids are at an age where I don’t want to share a lot of what they are doing in the online world. And let’s all agree that the antics of a preschooler are far more entertaining than those of a 15yo.
2. I’m still running & working out in a variety of fun, challenging ways. I’m not, however, in training for anything. It seems awfully self-centered to assume that people want to read my weekly exercise activities. Not to mention it makes for one boring post “Hey! Guess what?? I went running and biking and swimming… AGAIN!” (Though, I do post my workouts on Daily Mile but that’s a community of people that all want to see each other’s exercise activities. It’s a nice motivational tool even when I’m not in training.)
3. I certainly do cook a lot. This week alone I’ve made
- Shrimp & Asparagus Peanut Noodles,
- Homemade Mac & Cheese and grilled salmon burgers and Zucchini Chips (that link is worth clicking on just to see my then 4yo sous chef),
- Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup, and
- Pot Roast.
The newspaper dropped all its parent bloggers this year though so I don’t have the push to come up with a new recipe each week.
That means that my blog is reduced to the occasional ramblings or parent bragging or new recipe. So no, I don’t think I’ll post every day any time soon. But yes, I’ll keep the blog because sometimes it’s nice to have a place to ramble.
And in the spirit of good rambling… here’s a prayer I read this week that I’ve seen before but forgotten how much I love. Sometimes these words are precisely what we all need to pray:
Today may there be peace within.
May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content with yourself just the way you are.
~Saint Terese of Liseaux