This is the week I tried to get my head above water. I’m still treading. I don’t think I’m going to get everything done today that I should which means next week will be a little behind too. It’s frustrating. By & large it’s been a frustrating week. One of those weeks where there’s just so much to be done and not enough hours in the day to do it. I’m hoping for some downtime this weekend to rejuvenate a bit.
Once again, this is just the kind of week where I really need to find and appreciate the grace-filled moments.
- Taking my kids out to lunch on their half day.
- Remembering all the various library due dates that are floating around this house.
- Conquering the ravioli maker.
- Dinner & a movie with my husband – it was like a real date. (And Gone Girl is such a good movie!)
- The moon in all its huge, bright, fall fullness.
- Having grouchy Joyce the bag lady tell me I’m her favorite customer.
The middlest – the child who has never been a morning person – just told me she is exhausted and wants nothing to do with the high school football game tonight that the rest of the family will be attending. (Nothing unusual about that.) I suggested we watch a movie while we eat dinner and then go to bed early with a book. She loves it. Do we know how to party on a Friday night or what?!? I’m not going to lie… I’m pretty excited about our plan. I need some serious downtime this weekend.